Researchers at the University of Saskatchewan are conducting a study that is looking for long-haul truck drivers’ views and perspectives on what types of amenities truck stops should have in order to meet their needs. With this information they hope to inform future renovations of existing truck stops in Canada (especially the Prairies) and make them better.
As part of this study, participating drivers would complete an online survey hosted on SurveyMonkey which takes roughly 15-20 minutes. All answers are confidential, and the link is provided here .
To complete the survey, you must be/have:
- A long-haul truck driver (i.e., must drive a truck with 3 or more axles),
- A Class 1 driver’s license or equivalent,
- Spent at least one night away from home in the past month delivering a load,
- A Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada, and
- Have at least 2 years of experience as a long-haul truck driver.
For more information about this study, please contact:
Mackenzie McKeown, PhD candidate
School of Public Health
University of Saskatchewan