The Manitoba Trucking Association (MTA) held its 88th Annual General Meeting today, postponed from April 3. In a first for the association, this year’s meeting was hosted in a hybrid format, meaning some attendees were present in-person and others attended online.
This year’s President’s Report focused on highlights from 2019, including growth of the RPM trucking industry safety program, report from the Office of the Auditor General, and advocacy wins for the association including MELT (Mandatory Entry Level Training) and the Efficient Trucking Program.
The new MTA Board of Director’s was also nominated today. Members of the 2020-2021 MTA Board of Directors include:
- Bernie Driedger* – Portage Transport Inc.
- Ed Dillon* – Kleysen Group Ltd.
- Jasvir Singh Brar – 4Tracks Ltd.
- John Curcio – Manitoulin Transport
- Bruce Danylchuk – E.B.D. Enterprises Inc.
- Jeannie Arnold – Arnold Bros. Transport
- Jason Dubois* – Len Dubois Trucking Ltd.
- Gilles Durand- Du-Vall Transport (Bulk Milk)
- Darrin Fiske – Kleysen Group Ltd.
- Scott Kinley – Gladstone Transfer Ltd.
- Derek Lachaine – TransX Group of Companies
- Darren Lane – Fast Lane Freight Services Inc.
- Real Tetrault – Tetrault Transport (Bulk Milk)
- Jim Devlin – Bridgestone Canada Inc. (ATD)
- Jeff Odway* – Prairie International Container & Dray Services Inc.
- PJ Singh – 4Tracks Ltd.
- Dave Tyrchniewicz – Turk Enterprises Ltd
- Pauline Wiebe-Peters* – Payne Transportation Ltd.
- Steve Zokvic – Bison Transport Inc.
- Rob Penner – Bison Transport Inc.
- Connie Sigurdson – Harris Transport Ltd.
- Peter McDonald – TransX Group of Companies
- Thomas McKee – Payne Transportation Ltd.
- Ryan Mitchell – Wildwood Transport Inc.
- Brent Arnold* – Arnold Bros. Transport
- Howard Hildebrand – Searcy Trucking Ltd.
- Salil Prabhakar – Razir Transport Services Ltd.
- Scott Kinsman – Maxim Truck & Trailer
* denotes member of the MTA Executive Committee
Past presidents of the MTA include John Erik Albrechtsen* (Paul’s Hauling), Gary Arnold (Arnold Bros. Transport), Greg Arndt (Jade Transport), Norm Blagden (Searcy Trucking), Tom Payne Jr (Payne Transportation), Jim Trann (RS Express), Al Lepp (Redline Transport), Allan Penner (Penner International), Gil Tetrault (Tetrault Transport), and Milt Penner (Penner International). Honourary life directors of the MTA include George Engel and Gerald Reimer.
“I am very excited for the opportunities our association has in the upcoming years,” said Bernie Driedger, incoming MTA President and President of Portage Transport Inc. “We have laid a very strong foundation for the future, and topics such as ELDs, truck electrification, and red tape reduction will all be priorities for the MTA, as well as continuing to address weaknesses raised by COVID-19.”
The Manitoba Trucking Association would like to thank outgoing president John Erik Albrechtsen of Paul’s Hauling Ltd for his tireless efforts over the past two years, and looks forward to his continued contributions on the MTA Executive as Past President.