The purpose of this course is to fine-tune a driver’s skills. PDIC is a course taught from the perspective of the professional truck driver, not that of a car driver or teacher. Developed by the AMTA, this course consists of nine modules, covering topics such as:
- Attitude, image, and public relations
- Fatigue, alertness, and driver condition
- Vehicle condition
- Air brakes
- Professional defensive driving
- Passing, following, and stopping
- Determining preventability
- Adverse conditions
This course challenges the preconceived notions that experienced drivers already possess.
COMPANY BENEFITS of having your drivers take the PDIC course include:
- Reduced Operating Costs
- Reduced Collisions
- Reduced Sick Leave, Insurance and Other Benefit Payments Related to Traffic Collisions.
- Reduced vehicle abuse and maintenance costs
- Increased customer satisfaction with on-time deliveries and undamaged product
- Increased morale
Who should take this course?
This course is designed for professional, experienced truck drivers looking to fine-tune their skills. It is not for new or inexperienced drivers; it is recommended that participants have at least one year of professional driving completed before taking this course.
When can I take this course?
Please consult the MTA’s training calendar for dates, or submit a request for a custom date. Please note that we require three paid attendees to offer a custom course.
- Full day course
- Certification for this course expires 48 months from the date of issue. If PDIC certification is part of LCV certification, LCV certificates expire 12 months from date of issue, at which point employers must review all current regulations, permit conditions, and issues covering the operation of LCVs prior to re-certifying LCV drivers.
- Parking is free at our location and you will be required to park at the back of the building. Please use the back door for the duration of the course.
Be sure to read and review our Registration and Cancellation Policy.
Course Delivery Method
This course is taught in-person at the MTA office or your place of business, or via distance learning.
What is Hybrid training?
If you aren’t able to commute or attend in-person training, we now offer a hybrid option for some of our courses: we will send you a Zoom link to the course so you can learn and participate with the instructor, in-person attendees and other remote learners in real time!
Add my name to wait list for this course
To have your name added to a wait list for future offerings of this course, please complete the form below.
Request More Information For This Course