Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity
There is an opportunity for everyone in Manitoba’s trucking industry.
DEI has proven to be a powerful tool for increased retention, improved productivity, and enhanced innovation amongst staff. Utilizing and empowering DEI initiatives as part of the workplace advances workplace culture and gives companies a competitive position within the industry.
Below are several statements made for both individuals and companies. These statements are a testament to your organizational or personal commitment. This is the first of many DEI guides and toolkits to come as the MTA Sector Council works to support the industry with relevant and applicable materials to introduce into your workplace!
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) are fundamental principles that have gained increasing recognition and importance in our modern world. These principles are essential in promoting a more just, equitable, and harmonious society. DEI statements are powerful tools used by organizations, institutions, and individuals to communicate their commitment to creating environments that celebrate diversity, strive for equity, and foster a culture of inclusion.
DEI statements serve as guiding lights, outlining the values and intentions of an entity when it comes to embracing and respecting differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, abilities, and other factors that make each of us unique. They reflect a commitment to dismantling biases, addressing systemic inequalities, and ensuring that everyone, regardless of their background, has equal opportunities and a voice in the conversation.
In this list of DEI statements, we explore a diverse range of expressions of these principles from various sources. Each statement is a testament to the ongoing effort to make our world a better place, where diversity is celebrated, equity is pursued, and inclusion is a shared responsibility. These statements not only signify a commitment to change but also inspire individuals and organizations to act on their values and foster a more inclusive and equitable future.
DEI Organizational Statements
- At [Organization Name], we are committed to fostering a workplace where diversity is celebrated, equity is valued, and inclusion is a shared responsibility. We believe that by embracing a multitude of perspectives and backgrounds, we can drive innovation, growth, and create a more equitable world. We are dedicated to dismantling biases, addressing systemic inequalities, and empowering every member of our team to thrive, regardless of their background. Together, we strive to create a culture where every voice is heard, and every individual can contribute to our collective success.
- [Educational Institution Name] is dedicated to creating a learning environment that reflects the rich diversity of our global community. We are committed to promoting equity in education, ensuring that every student has an equal opportunity to succeed. Our institution believes in fostering inclusion, where all students, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, or abilities, feel welcome, respected, and empowered. We understand that our strength lies in our differences and are unwavering in our pursuit of knowledge, understanding, and social progress.
- At [Nonprofit Organization Name], we stand firmly in our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as we work towards our mission. We recognize that social change cannot happen without addressing systemic inequalities and embracing the richness of diverse perspectives. We are dedicated to creating a more just and inclusive world where every individual, regardless of their background, can access the opportunities and resources they need. We aim to foster an organization that celebrates differences and actively addresses disparities, both in our work and within our own structure.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are the cornerstones of our organization. We are dedicated to creating a workplace where every individual is valued, respected, and empowered, regardless of their background. We celebrate differences and strive for equity, fostering a culture of inclusion in everything we do.
DEI Statements for Job Advertisements Addressing Accessibility in the Workplace
- [Organization Name] welcomes applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process, and on an ongoing basis if selected.
- We are committed to accessible and inclusive employment practises. We welcome and encourage women, First Nations Peoples, persons with disabilities, and minorities to apply and self declare. Diversity is a source of strength and inspiration for us. we celebrate the uniqueness and differences that each person brings to the table. If you should require accommodation, please reach out to Human Resources for Assistance
- [Organization Name] is dedicated to providing inclusive and accessible spaces in which its team members can thrive. Equity is a guiding principle in our actions. We firmly believe that everyone should have an equal opportunity to thrive, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, socioeconomic status, or abilities. Accommodations can be accessed through Human Resources.
- We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce representative of the people of Canada. Applicants from equity groups; person with disabilities, Indigenous Peoples, Women, 2SLGBTQQIA+ Peoples and Newcomers are encouraged to apply and self declare. Inclusion is not just a concept; it’s a way of life for our company. We strive to create spaces where all individuals feel welcomed, respected, and valued. If you should require accommodation, please contact Human Resources to arrange for assistance.
Personal DEI statements for individuals
- I am committed to working to seek for solutions throughout my career. I am committed to promoting Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in my work, research, and training programs.
- As a [Title], I believe in the uniqueness of every individual. I strive to incorporate Diversity, Inclusion and Equity practises in my personal and professional life. I wholeheartedly believe in the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in every facet of my personal life. As an individual, I am committed to promoting these values and principles in my interactions, relationships, and the broader community.
- I am resolute in my commitment to promoting the principles of diversity, inclusion, and equity both in my personal life and within my communities. I will continuously educate myself, engage in conversations, and take actions that support diversity, equity, and inclusion. By doing so, I hope to contribute to a more just, harmonious, and empathetic world.
- In all my endeavors, I aim to be an ally, an advocate, and a friend to those who may be marginalized or underrepresented. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion guide my actions and choices. My personal DEI statement is not just a declaration; it’s a promise to stand up for what is right, to embrace differences, and to work towards a brighter future for all.”
Diversity and inclusion statements are often written in first person for both company statements, and personal statements. Writing in third person is also acceptable.
Edit these statements as you see fit to better reflect your personal or organizational values and beliefs. Your unique perspective and experiences can add depth and authenticity to your DEI statements. Make them your own, and ensure they align with your true commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
In the dynamic world of trucking, the journey toward becoming a transportation professional is not solely about acquiring the technical know-how of handling big rigs or navigating highways. It’s also about recognizing and harnessing a comprehensive set of transferable skills that extend beyond the cab’s confines. These skills not only ensure safety on the road but also lay the foundation for a successful and fulfilling trucking career.
In the following list, we explore a diverse array of transferable skills that future drivers can apply to excel on their journeys and enrich their lives and those of others along the way. From communication and patience to problem-solving and accountability, these skills will serve as invaluable tools as you embark on your path as a commercial driver. They are the keys to thriving in the ever-evolving world of transportation, where each mile traveled offers new experiences and opportunities for growth.
The ability to use time effectively and productively.
The ability to identify the position or direction of objects in points in a space.
The ability to react quickly to stimulus including auditory, visual or kinesthetic stimuli.
The ability to use logic, imagination, brainstorming and analyzing to find solutions to overcome obstacles.
The ability to maintain order, and use resources efficiently and effectively.
The ability to listen, process, receive and contribute information.
The ability to understand and use machines or tools.
The ability to take responsibility for your actions and decisions.
The ability to wait for the right time to act or respond in a given situation.
The ability to attentively perceive and register significant changes within the people or the environment.
|Funding provided by:
|Financement fourni par :
|The Government of Canada The Manitoba Government
|Le gouvernement du Canada Le gouvernement du Manitoba
Manitoba Trucking Association is located in Treaty One Territory, the home and traditional lands of the Anishinaabe (Ojibwe), Ininew (Cree), and Dakota peoples, and in the National Homeland of the Red River Métis. Our drinking water comes from Shoal Lake 40 First Nation, in Treaty Three Territory.