WINNIPEG, MB ‘“ Wednesday, September 10, 2014- Manitoba’s top professional truck drivers competed against teams from all other Canadian Provinces at the National Professional truck Driving Championships on September 6th in Esterel, PQ.Â For the second year in a row, team Manitoba walked away with the Team Award.
Ronald Poirier of TST Overland Express from team Manitoba received the Grand Champion Award.Â The Grand Champion Award is given to the driver with the highest overall score.
Each driver must complete a written test, pre-trip inspection and obstacle course.
Members of Team Manitoba and their final standings are as follows:
- Â Team Manitoba- 1st place.
- Ken Wiebe (EBD Enterprises) – Team award
- Ronald Poirier (TST Overland Express) ‘“ Team award, 1st in Single/Tandem and Grand Champion
- Denis Roberts (TST Overland Express) ‘“ Team award and 3rd in Tandem/Tandem
- Matthias Pieper (Bison Transport) ‘“ Team award and 3rd in Straight Truck
- Brian Hrabarchuk (Canadian Freightways) ‘“ Team award and 3rd in Single/Single
Â For more information, please contact:Laura La Palme Manitoba Trucking Association 204-632-6600