Commercial Drivers from all over Manitoba came together for the 2015 Manitoba Professional Truck Driving Championships (PTDC) held on Saturday June 20 at Peterbilt Manitoba located at 1895 Brookside Boulevard.
The PTDC is where commercial drivers in our province compete by demonstrating their skills on numerous levels including a written test, trip inspection station, and of course the driving track.
Winners for 2015 were announced later that evening at the Driver Awards Banquet held at the Victoria Inn Hotel in Winnipeg. Winners are as follows:
- Straight Truck: Bill O’Neill (GFL Environmental)
- Single-Single: Brian Hrabarchuk (Canadian Freightways)
- Single-Tandem: Greg Muzychka (Canadian Freightways)
- Tandem-Tandem: Denis Roberts (TST Overland Express)
- Super B Train: Ken Wiebe (EBD Enterprises)
These drivers will now represent Manitoba and compete against the other provincial teams at Nationals to be held September 9th -15th in Regina, SK.
Other event winners recognized at the banquet included:
Instructors Category (New):
- 1st Place ‘“ Trent Klassen (First Class Training Centre)
- 2nd Place ‘“ Dave Greschuk (Arnold Bros Transportation Academy)
- 3rd Place ‘“ Bill Henderson (First Class Training Centre)
- O. Dutton Award: Ronald Poirier (TST Overland Express)
- First Time Entrant: Bill O’Neill (GFL Environmental)
- Team Award: Canadian Freightways
- Bjornson Memorial: Brian Hrabarchuk (Canadian Freightways)
- Grand Champion: Denis Roberts (TST Overland Express)
Included in the evening was also the presentation of the MTA-Custom Truck Sales Inc./Kenworth Truck Company Industry Excellence Award. To be selected to receive an Industry Excellence Award, a driver must have demonstrated a commitment to the trucking industry, safety, and customer service and even may have performed acts of outstanding bravery or courage, risking their own lives to save others.
Congratulations to the ten Industry Excellence Award recipients. They are: Craig Stinson (TransX Group of Companies), David Collins (Arnold Bros. Transport), Les Dutchyshen (Arnold Bros. Transport), Delmer Thiessen (Steve’s Livestock Transport), Edward Hogg (Bison Transport), Kirk Cassidy (TransX Group of Companies), Murray Slack (TransX Group of Companies), Robert Rudyk (Bison Transport), Robin Dophiede (Arnold Bros. Transport), and William Collicutt (Sobey’s). From this pool of drivers, the annual Volvo Trucks Canada Manitoba Driver of the Year is selected.
For more information, please contact:
Laura La Palme, Marketing and Business Development
Manitoba Trucking Association
204-632-6600 | firstname.lastname@example.org