As most members are aware the federal government has imposed a carbon tax on inter-provincial carriers operating into, out of, and through ‘“ Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, and New Brunswick (and in the Yukon and Nunavut as of July 1, 2019). Below and attached are resources to help carriers.
List of resources from CRA to assist carriers with this policy.
- CRA’s PowerPoint presentation on the carbon tax and registration system: RoadCarriers_PP_public
- CRA memo on carbon tax: Road Carrier_SDM_public
- General information page ‘“ https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/campaigns/…
- Information on where you can find forms and other documents ‘“ https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/t…
- Email: If you send questions to this email, the CRA will respond with answers (Note: due to volume it may take a few days for a response) ‘”FuelCharge@cra-arc.gc.ca
- Atlantic Region Excise Duties and Taxes Post Office Box 638 Halifax NSB3J 2T5 Phone: 1-888-327-7999 Fax: 1-902-450-8559
- Ontario Region Excise Duties and Taxes 5800 Hurontario St Mississauga ONL5R 4B4 Phone: 1-866-667-9851 Fax: 1-905-615-2814
- Quebec Region Excise Duties and Taxes Section 492 Post Office Box 32305 RenÃ©-LÃ©vesque Blvd W Montreal QCH2Z 1A6 Phone: 1-833-240-2476
- Prairie Region Excise Duties and Taxes Room 232220 4th Avenue SE Calgary ABT2G 0L1Phone: 1-866-439-4202 Fax 1-403-292-4075
- Pacific Region Excise Duties and Taxes c/o 468 Terminal Ave 3rd floor 9755 King George Blvd Surrey BCV3T 5E1 Phone: 1-833-532-9908 Fax:1-604-658-8660
If you have any further questions about the new Carbon Tax, Please contact: