Saturday, June-17-17- Winnipeg, MB ‘“Commercial Drivers from all over Manitoba came together for the 2017 Professional Truck Driving Championships (PTDC) held at Peterbilt Manitoba located at 1895 Brookside Boulevard.
The PTDC is where commercial drives in our province compete by demonstrating their skill on numerous levels including a written text, trip inspection station, and of course the driving track.
Winners for 2017 were announced later that evening at the Driver Awards Banquet held at the Victoria Inn Hotel in Winnipeg. Winners are as follows:
- Straight Truck: Bruce McKechnie (Bison Transport)
- Single-Single: Brian Hrabarchuk (Canadian Freightways)
- Single-Tandem: Frank Klassen (Penner International)
- Tandem-Tandem: Rodney Birdsbill (Bison Transport)
- Super B Train: David Henry (REK Express)
Other event winners recognized at the banquet included:
- J.O. Dutton Award: Denis Roberts (TST Overland Express)
- First Time Entrant: Charlie Thompson Jr. (Arnold Bros. Transport)
- Team Award: Canadian Freightways
- Hal Bjornson Memorial Award: Brian Hrabarchuk (Canadian Freightways)
- Grand Champion: Rodney Birdsbill (Bison Transport)
Included in the evening was also the presentation of the MTA-Custom Truck Sales Inc./Kenworth Truck Company Industry Excellence Award. To be selected to receive an Industry Excellence Award, a driver must have demonstrated a commitment to the trucking industry, safety, customer service, and even may have performed acts of outstanding bravery or courage, risking their own lives to save others.
Congratulations to the Industry Excellence Award recipients. They are: Tim Reimer (Steve’s Livestock), Terry Wright (Arnold Bros. Transport), Marcito Kehler (Steve’s Livestock), Ron Rodych (Gordon Food Service), Darren Bray (Arnold Bros. Transport), Myron Penner (Steve’s Livestock), Cass Nicbride (Bison Transport), Robert Goulet (Arnold Bros. Transport), Sheryl McLean (Kindersley Transportation), and Robert McLean (Kindersley Transportation). From this pool of award winners, the annual Volvo Trucks Canada Manitoba Driver of the Year is selected.
For more information, please contact: