Safety for Supervisors
The purpose of the material in this Safety for Supervisors eLearning course is to ensure employers, supervisors, workers and committee members are provided with information, tools and resources to effectively perform their safety and health roles and responsibilities.
- Middle Management
- Front-Line Supervisors
- Who is a supervisor?
- Legal Responsibilities of a Supervisor
- Supervisor Skills
- Due Diligence
- Orientation and Training
- Safety Culture
The lessons are laid out in the following order:
- Lesson 1: Who and what is a supervisor?
- Lesson 2: Responsibilities
- Lesson 3: Fundamentals of being an effective supervisor
- Lesson 4: Worker’s rights
- Lesson 5: Internal Responsibility System and handling right to refuse
- Lesson 6: Work refusal flowchart
- Lesson 7: Establishing a Positive Safety Culture
- Lesson 8: What is a Hazard?
- Lesson 9: Identifying Hazards
- Lesson 10: Risk assessment and control
- Lesson 11: Using the hierarchy of controls
- Lesson 12: Inspections
- Lesson 13: Incident Investigations
There are questions that you need to answer correctly placed periodically throughout this workshop to verify understanding. A final test will need to be passed to complete this workshop.
A pass mark of 70% is required to obtain a certificate of completion for this course.
Tips to Navigate This Course
This course proceeds in a linear fashion (Lesson 1, then Lesson 2, and so on). You will see that some lessons have quizzes. You must complete the quiz in order to move on in the course. Once you complete a question, click either the “Next Question” or “Finish Quiz” button, depending on the number of questions. Once your results are calculated, click the “Click Here to Continue” button (NOT “Next Lesson”) to ensure your quiz results are recorded.
All quizzes must be completed before the final quiz is attempted. To confirm you have completed all of the lessons, check the menu on the right hand side of the page (if on a desktop). If the circles on each lesson are red, you have completed the lessons and are ready for the final test!
Click on Regulations and Key Terms in the right sidebar to get started!