LONGER COMBINATION VEHICLES (LCV) COURSE
This Canadian Trucking Alliance course for experienced professional drivers is a professional development course in Manitoba. This course meets the regulatory requirements for LCV drivers in Alberta, BC, and Saskatchewan, as well. This course consists of four hours in the classroom and a three hour road test**. There is a manual supplied by the MTA that participants can keep upon completion of the LCV course.
- 150,000 km (or 24 months) driving experience on articulated vehicles
- Minimum two years’ driving experience/150,000 km on articulated vehicles Class 1 license
- or equivalent with an air endorsement
- No driver-related criminal code offenses in that last three years
- Every two years pass a provincial drivers’ medical examination in the province that is sues the driver’s license
- Attend and pass a Professional Driver Improvement Course
- Have no more than two moving violations in the past year; and no more than three such violations in the past three years
*To obtain a certificate to operate LCVs, drivers must complete the PDIC course, the 4-hour LCV training course (including driving techniques, regulations & permits) and the 3-hour road test (including LCV driving and coupling/uncoupling equipment).*
**Road tests are booked by appointment and must be completed within 30 days of taking the LCV course**
**LCV Certification expires after 12 months, at which point employers must review all current regulations, permit conditions, and issues covering the operation of LCVs prior to re-certifying drivers. PDIC certification expires after 48 months.**
REGISTRATION AND CANCELLATION POLICY: Course registration will close 1 week prior to the course date. Payment must be made in full prior to the course date in order to complete registration. Payment can be made by Credit card, cash, or cheque. Members in good standing will be invoiced, however the cancellation policy still applies. All cancellations must be received by the MTA office, either in writing or by phone, 1 week, 5 business days prior to the course date to receive a full refund. Any cancellations that occur within 1 week, 5 business days, and prior to 48 hours of the course date are subject to a 50% cancellation fee. Any cancellations that occur within 48 hours, 2 business days, of the course date are subject to 100% cancellation fee.