The Manitoba Trucking Association (MTA) held its annual general meeting (AGM) on Friday, April 9, 2021. This was the association’s 89th AGM, and it’s second virtual AGM.
A review of the activities of the association from the previous year, financials, bylaw updates, and nominations to the Board of Directors were all undertaken at the AGM. Elected to the MTA’s Board of Directors for the 2021-2022 term are:
- Bernie Driedger Portage Transport Inc.
- Jason Dubois Len Dubois Trucking Inc.
- Jeffrey Odway Prairie International Container & Dray Services Inc.
- Pauline Wiebe Peters Payne Transportation Ltd.
- Brent Arnold Arnold Bros. Transport Limited
- Ryan Mitchell Wildwood Transport Inc.
- Peter McDonald TransX Group of Companies
- Gilles Durand Du-Vall Transport Inc.
- Shawn Graydon Rempel Insurance Brokers Ltd.
- Ryan Johnston Gardewine
- Jeannie Arnold Arnold Bros. Transport Limited
- Rob Penner Bison Transport Inc.
- Darin Downey Gardewine
- Réal Tétrault Tétrault Transport
- Derek Lachaine TransX Group of Companies
- Salil Prabhakar Razir Transport Services Ltd
- Scott Kinley Gladstone Transfer Limited
- Howie Hildebrand Searcy Trucking Ltd.
- Jeremy Messner Big Freight Systems Inc.
- Jasvir Brar 4Tracks Ltd.
- Dave Tyrchniewicz Turk Enterprises
- Thomas McKee Payne Transportation Ltd.
- John Curcio Manitoulin Transport Inc.
- Steve Zokvic Bison Transport Inc.
- Scott Kinsman Maxim Truck & Trailer
- Rod Corbett Paul’s Hauling Ltd.
- Darrin Fiske Kleysen Group Ltd.
- PJ Singh 4Tracks Ltd.
- Connie Sigurdson Harris Transport Ltd.
- Jake Peters New Hope Transport
Members of the Board of Directors’ Executive Committee include Bernie Driedger (President), Jason Dubois (1st Vice President), Jeffrey Odway (2nd Vice President), Pauline Wiebe Peters, Brent Arnold, Ryan Mitchell, and John Erik Albrechtsen (as Past President). Past Presidents include Gary Arnold (Arnold Bros. Transport Limited), Greg Arndt (Jade Transport Ltd.), Norm Blagden (Searcy Trucking Ltd.), Tom Payne Jr. (Payne Transportation Ltd.), Jim Trann (RS Express Ltd.), Al Lepp (Redline Transport Alvin Lepp Ltd.), Allan Penner (Penner International Inc.), Gil Tétrault (Tétrault Transport), and Milt Penner (Penner International Inc.). Honourary Life Directors include George Engel and Gerald Reimer.
The MTA would like to thank all who attended this year’s event. They would also like to thank event sponsor Integrity Ventures and President’s Video sponsor Bridgestone. Other sponsors who made this event possible include Ocean Trailer, BFL Canada, Beaver Truck Centre, Rempel Insurance Brokers, and Cambridge FX.