Professional Truck Driving Championships
- by Don Stewart
Provincial Truck Driving Championship Winners Announced
The Professional Truck Driving Championship is a competition for professional truck drivers to showcase their incredible driving skills. They must drive through a prescribed obstacle course, perform a timed pre trip inspection and complete a written test. The winners in each category will become the MB Champion in their class and will receive a trophy and prize.
The 2019 Manitoba Professional Truck Driving Championships are officially in the books! This event was Held on June 15, at the Headingley Husky.
First Place Winners:
- Single/Tandem: Bruce McKechnie of Bison Transport Inc.
- Tandem/Tandem: Brian Hrabarchuk of Canadian Freightways Ltd.
- Super B: David Henry of REK Express
- Turn Pike: Roy Dillon of TransX Group of Companies
- Single/Tandem: Mario Tyszuk of Bison Transport
- Tandem/Tandem: Sergii Linkevych of Bison Transport (Saskatchewan Competitor)
- Super B: David Greschuk of Arnold Bros. Transportation Academy
- Turn Pike: David Phillips of Bison Transport
- Single/Tandem: Jason Novak of Canadian Freightways
- Tandem/Tandem: Jasvinder Brar of Bison Transport
- Super B: Rodney Birdsbill of Bison Transport
- Turn Pike: Darren Cassan of Arnold Bros. Transport
- 1st Place Team: Bison #1
- 2nd Place Team: Bison # 2
- 3rd Place Team: Arnold Bros. Transport
Other Competition Winners:
- First Time Entrant: Darren Cassan of Arnold Bros. Transport Ltd.
- Hal Bjornson Memorial Award: Brian Hrabarchuk of Canadian Freightways Ltd.
- Grand Champion: Brian Hrabarchuk of Canadian Freightways Ltd.
- Partner Competition: Cayla McKechnie (Bison Transport Inc)