Join In The Fun National Trucking Week September 3rd to September 9th
- by Don Stewart
Date: September 3, 2017 - September 9, 2017
The purpose of the weeklong celebration is to recognize the important contributions made by the 400,000 Canadian men and women who keep the country’s freight moving.
Provincial trucking associations, carriers, industry suppliers and other stakeholders are encouraged to undertake activities in their own province to mark the event. In previous years, provincial associations have marked the occasion with newspaper supplements, radio advertising, contests, special promotions, and special events at truck stops and roadside inspection stations.
Carriers and industry suppliers have hosted BBQs, breakfasts, truck washes, offered special giveaways to employees and marked the week event with a wide variety of activities.
DURING NATIONAL TRUCKING WEEK!
- Look for us at the scales at Headingley on Thursday September 7 for a BBQ with Maxim Truck & Trailer where we will also be handing out refreshments to drivers.
- Keep your eyes open for a Special Insert in the Winnipeg Free Press on Wednesday September 6 highlighting the importance of Trucking in MB.
- Join us at Kingswood Golf & Country Club on Wednesday September 6 for our Annual Vehicle Maintenance Council Golf Tournament in support of MTA scholarships.
- Put a team in for the Annual Truck Pull for United Way on Friday September 8 at the Assiniboine Park Conservancy
- Register for Worlds Largest Truck Convoy for Special Olympics MB Saturday Sept 9 which occurs at Oak Bluff Recreation Center. Register in advance.
If you have any questions or need help with registering for events, please do not hesitate to contact: